CURRICULUM VITAE (pdf)
Balkan Studies, Interdisciplinary Doctoral Program in the Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana
Sociology and Social Anthropology, Central European University, Budapest
English Language and Literature, University of Szeged
Krisztina Rácz is a Research Fellow at the Faculty of Humanities, Universtity of Oslo. She has a doctoral degree in Balkan Studies from the University of Ljubljana. The title of her dissertation is Discourses and Practices of Multiculturalism: Hungarian Youth in Vojvodina and Prekmurje. She has an MA degree in English Language and Literature from the University of Szeged, as well as in Sociology and Social Anthropology from the Central European University in Budapest. She has been a visiting fellow at the Institute for Human Sciences (IWM) in Vienna, at the Center for South-East European Studies of the University of Graz, as well as at the Department for Ethnology and Anthropology of the University of Belgrade. She was a researcher at the Institute for Philosophy and Social Theory of the University of Belgrade. Her research projects and publications deal with the topics of transnationalism, ethnic identification, social memory, multilingualism, gender and migrations.
– (2018) „Fortress under Siege: Narratives of Ethnic Conflict and Discrimination among Hungarian Youth in Vojvodina“ Etnoantropološki problemi 13 (1): 135–154.
– (2017) „The Return of the Ethnic? Multiculturalism from an Ethnic Minority Perspective“ Filozofija i društvo 28 (2): 377–394.
– (2016) „Trauma or Entertainment? Collective Memories of the NATO Bombing of Serbia“ Südosteuropa: Journal of Politics and Society 64 (4): 520–543, Special Issue: The 1999 NATO Bombing: Memories, Narratives and Histories.
– (2012) „By the Rivers of Babylon: Multiculturalism in Vivo in Vojvodina/Vajdaság“ Jezikoslovlje 13 (2): 585–599.
– (2017) “Constructing and Destructing the Ethnic: Discourses of Ethnicity among Hungarian Youth in Vojvodina”, in Tamara P. Trošt and Danilo Mandić (eds.) Changing Youth Values in Southeast Europe: Beyond Ethnicity, London: Routledge, 75-93.
–, Rory Archer (2011) „Šverc and the Šinobus: Small-scale Smuggling in Vojvodina“, in Bettina Bruns and Judith Maggelbrink (eds.) Subverting Borders: Doing Research on Smuggling and Small-Scale Trade, Wiesbaden: VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, 59–83.