The Gender Research Laboratory of the Institute of Philosophy and Social Theory,
independently or in collaboration with other institutions, approaches the study of gender and
its conceptual and literal interaction with other socio-political categories in an academic and
The Gender Research Laboratory is aimed at:
- Establishment of a formally recognizable center within the Institute that would conduct applied and theoretical multidisciplinary research and enable formation of a database with a number of variables;
- Improving and disseminating knowledge, as well as developing international cooperation in the field of gender studies;
- Providing support to young researchers who are interested in conducting research in this topic field;
- Improving knowledge on gender in socio-political and cultural domains, as well as in the field of social relations, which would improve university curricula, and further production of knowledge;
- Improving exchange and cooperation between academic community and other social spheres;
- Support of local professional associations in their application of knowledge.
Field of gender research, due to its interdisciplinary nature and thematic range, enables insight into the existing relations of power, value system, politics and legislation of a specific society, and as such is suitable for the development of thoughts and actions of critical engagement, which is also one of the main pillars of the Institute’s work. Combination of continuous empirical research and theoretical analysis, as well as application of research results in the field of practical policies, professional development of education staff and international cooperation with various professional networks in the field of humanities and social sciences, differentiates the GenLab’s work from the other similar centers in the country and region.
Members: Adriana Zaharijević, Gazela Pudar Draško, Irena Fiket, Jelena Ćeriman, Milan Urošević, Vladimir Cvetković, Marko Konjović, Ljiljana Pantović, Balša Delibašić and Mark Lošonc