EduLab is an interdisciplinary laboratory of educational strategies whose members are philosophers, sociologists, anthropologists, theoreticians of literature and art. The forming of EduLab is motivated by the necessity of an informed, thoughtful and systematic response to the challenges that different educational conceptions and policies pose to contemporary thinking.
Taking its cue from the conference organized by the Institute for Philosophy and Social Theory in Kovačica in 2014. under the title Čemu još obrazovanje? (Why still education?), and the conference proceedings of the same name published in 2015. by the Cambridge Scholars Publishing, one of the main activities of EduLab is to continue organizing an annual international scientific conference under this title, whose focus will be determined by a new subtitle every year. This event should instigate a more intensive theoretical exchange among experts from the region and beyond, and in this way also practically contribute to the improvement and innovation of educational strategies.
Other planned activities of EduLab, to be realized both independently and in collaboration with pedagogical and other related institutions in the country and abroad, include:
- Forming a relevant library of texts and other materials applicable to the theory of education;
- Organizing workshops, lectures, seminars, round tables, scientific meetings and other events on education for academic community and broader public;
- The production of expert contributions which would help put the Institute on the map as a relevant place of debate on education within the regional and international scientific community;
- The production of popular contributions, with a particular focus on digital media;
- Collaboration with the „immediate performers“: teachers, professors, preschool teachers, and offering them training for gaining insight into different dimensions of education;
- Sensitizing the educators, but also the society(ies) for educational dilemmas;
- Exerting expert influence on the public and decision-makers regarding the educational policies
- Creating new educational contents and tools, primarily in the field of humanities and social sciences.
Members: Igor Cvejić, Jelena Ćeriman, Miloš Ćipranić, Balša Delibašić, Edvard Đorđević, Predrag Krstić, Tijana Milojević, Olga Nikolić, Sara Nikolić, Aleksandar Pavlović, Gazela Pudar-Draško, Željko Radinković, Bojana Radovanović, Đurđa Trajković, Marija Velinov, Aleksandar Ostojić, Vera Mevorah